21st February 2023
Our contact details
Name: FilmFixer Ltd
Address: Unit C, 57-59 Great Suffolk Street, SE1 0BB
Phone: 020 7620 0391
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- IP address
- Browser user agent
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Enquiries via the contact us form
- Enquiries received by email or phone
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Messages from council colleagues and private location owners
- Complaints received via council departments and private location owners
- Messages from residents, businesses or other community groups you have contacted directly
We use the information that you have given us in order to process your enquiry or application or to request information relating to a complaint.
We may share this information with council colleagues, private location owners, residents, businesses or other communities groups for the purpose of processing your application and to agree terms and conditions for the contract.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (b) We have a contractual obligation – We have Film Service contracts with Local Authorities. Our contract makes us responsible for managing filming and photography enquiries, and for that reason we will need to collect, verify and retain data including personal details of applicants and members of the public who contact us to discuss filming or photography activities. We need to retain records of all filming or photography activities and interactions with stakeholders to inform and improve the service and to identify best practice.
- (c) We have a legal obligation – Our Film Service contracts oblige us to retain applicant and other data for up to 7 years, so that the local authorities we work for know who has engaged in communication about filming and photography activities in case there are repercussions or complaints after the shoot has finished. For the same reasons, we will also retain details of insurance and records of any indemnity agreements that may be relevant to any filming or photography that has taken place.
How we store your personal information
We only keep copies of email correspondence. This correspondence is vital should we need to discuss breaches of terms and conditions, disagreements or negotiations of the contract.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure -You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Unit C, 57-59 Great Suffolk Street, SE1 0BB if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or in writing to Unit C, 57-59 Great Suffolk Street, London, SE1 0BB
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline phone: 0303 123 1113