We’re urging young people in our client boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Redbridge to apply for film funding.
London Calling and London Calling Plus are short film funding schemes aimed at giving more opportunities to London’s new and emerging talent. And they’re now open for applications. Click here for more information.
Apply by 12 midday on Friday 22 October for:
- London Calling: 18 awards available of up to £4,000 for emerging London filmmakers.
- London Calling Plus: Five awards of up to £15,000 for London-based Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic talent with a track record across film, television or theatre. Whichever one you go for, it won’t be just about the cash – both deliver a comprehensive development and training programme, plus an opportunity to premiere the films at industry showcases.
- Residents of Lambeth and Southwark
Apply through the Southern Exposure Film Fund (SEFF)
- Deadline: 12.00 noon, Wednesday 19 November 2014
- Up to four production grants available, from a pot of £10,000
The Southern Exposure Film Fund encourages filmmakers from Lambeth and Southwark to develop their potential. Grants will be offered after shortlisted applicants undergo an intensive development period in Dec 2014-Jan 2015. Projects must be short films of under 15 minutes duration and can be of any genre, including documentaries: Southern Exposure is committed to supporting original and exciting voices, whatever the story. Cross-borough working and the use of local crew, locations and facilities is encouraged. For further information contact Elizabeth Mitchell: email@example.com and take a look here for more information.
For filmmakers living or working in Redbridge and Waltham Forest
Apply through the Eastern Edge Film Fund (EEFF)
- Final deadline: 12.00 noon, Friday 21 November 2014
- Two awards of up to £4,000 are available
The fund aims to support emerging and experienced filmmakers to produce an original short film.
The award also includes professional support from an Executive Producer, training from industry professionals, free access to production facilities and opportunities for public screenings. For further information contact Anton Califano firstname.lastname@example.org.